27 September 2018 2018// Artist Feature
We caught up with Ken in his studio this week to find out more about him and his work.
1. What do you like about your work?
I like playing and trying out new ideas. I enjoy the mix of functionality and decorative.
2. Do you have a daily routine?
Ceramics has a very definite process and so what I'm making dictates how my day goes, but from day to day my routine changes and that's the one of the joys of working for your self.
3. What does having a studio mean for you?
Sanctuary and chaos.
4. What do you like about working in NEH?
It's a brilliant practical building and I have a great view although I have to be careful, I can spend all day watching the trains go by.
5. What are you passionate about?
The joy of a well made object and good coffee.
6. What do you like about the opening your studio/ meeting the public?
It's always a pleasure to meet the people who buy your work and hear what they enjoy about it. It is one of the pleasures of being a maker.
7. What’s your favourite place(s) in Brighton?
I love the Laines and the beach, especially on a stormy winter's day.
8. What do you like about living in Brighton?
It's got loads going on like a big city, but in reality it's quite small, and on top of that you've got both the sea and the South Downs on your doorstep.
Copyright @ All Rights Reserved